We're Big On Quality Too!
HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE SECTOR
- Across the NHS, around 40% of sickness absence results from back pain and other musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs), costing around £400Million each year
- Annually, 80,000 nurses injure their backs whilst working
- For the combined Health and Social Care sector, statistics show that MSDs account for 37% of all self-reported work-related illnesses, resulting in over 1.5 Million working days lost annually due to MSDs in just the Health and Social Care sector
- Local Authorities already spend an estimated £352Million annually on Social Care costs due to obesity. As severely obese people are over 3 times more likely to need Social Care than those of a healthy weight, any increase in obesity greatly affects such expenditure
- The main physical risk of MSDs is caused by patient-handling
How Bariquins Can Help
Bariquins provides training in bariatric casualty and bariatric patient moving and handling courses. These range from Basic level to Train-the-Trainer standards. The courses give practical instruction on dealing safely with plus-size people in emergency scenarios (bariatric casualty) or in the care environment (bariatric patient). For more details, go to our Training page.
A Bariquin mannequin is ideal for health and social care sector training due to its human-like features, the quality of its manufacture and its lifelike joint movement. The impact-resistant, non-rot micrAgard material used to make the casing of the Bariquins is also fluid-repellent and wipe-clean. It is also washable with mild soap and water to preserve its appearance. The strong webbing is wipe-clean too. This all ensures that these mannequins can undergo robust training rehearsals and still look good. In addition, the superior appearance of the Bariquin will complement your organisation’s professional reputation. Pictograms on each of the component parts of a Bariquin ensure assembly and separation of the Bariquin’s parts is swift and straightforward.
The innovative Bariquins design allows a single trainer to transport the 25 stone mannequin –when not assembled- between different venues. This allows individual instructors to attend the training groups’ location rather than numerous trainees travelling from their usual venue. This reduces the associated expense and disruption of such arrangements.
A portable roll-cage, capable of being disassembled, is also available from Bariquins. This lets solo instructors unload the mannequin from their vehicle (or remove it from storage) and wheel it to the demonstration area in a quick and safe manner.
A Bariquin even has advantages over a real person as it can be used in life-like scenarios where a person cannot be used –for instance, in confined, uncomfortable scenarios such as a bathroom collapse or a fall from a bed.
In the unlikely event that the tough casing of the mannequin is accidently pierced or sliced, the relevant individual section can be replaced or repaired –much cheaper than sending a complete mannequin for repair or disposing of it all together. Each section of a Bariquin mannequin is filled with recycled rubber crumb, a non-hazardous substance which has undergone a rigorous process to remove all impurities and can easily be cleared up. The choice of this eco-friendly filling used in all Bariquins can also enhance your organisation’s environmental policy.
All Bariquins come with a 12 months guarantee to be free from defects in design, material and workmanship.
And when all the training is complete, the Bariquin can be stored in its roll-cage or on suitable shelving. It doesn’t have to be thrown in the corner of a garage or dropped on the store room floor, to become a safety hazard in itself.